|Ronald Fisher, President|
Massachusetts/Rhode Island Chapter
I hope everyone is prepared for the 2019 tax filing season where we will all be dealing with some of the biggest changes in tax law in a very long time. I don’t know about anybody else, but this could very well be one of craziest seasons in my 38 years preparing tax returns. All of the changes that took place in 2018 will be a hindrance to us and our clients. These changes are going to both help and hurt the way we can take care of our client’s needs.
This is YOUR Chapter and the Board is here for you. I would like to ask something of each of you reading this: take a moment and write down ways this Chapter can add value to your business. Seriously, what can we do to help you? Not what National NATP can do, but focus solely on this Chapter. After you figure out what you need from us, e-mail me at: email@example.com. This will be a feedback mechanism to allow you to come up with ideas that I can share/discuss with the board.
There are many things that are ever changing in the tax world, and these require us to keep on our toes. These changes require us to have more education and knowledge to help our clients. Your Chapter provides support, education and local networking opportunities for its members including:
- Regularly updated Chapter Website with news and information on not only IRS issues but issues local to Massachusetts & Rhode Island, also contact info for any of our Board of Directors – http://www.massrinatp.com.
- Hosting meetings where members can exchange ideas, solve problems, and discuss issues with other tax professionals in their area.
- Volunteering to provide individual support and expertise about state and local tax issues to members through website, newsletters, meetings, and e-mail communications.
- Offering live local education seminars on Federal, state and local tax topics.
- Interfacing with the NATP National Office to make current information available on the Chapter website, enabling members to get updates on issues in other states.
- January 3rd 2019 – Annual State & Mini Federal Update Seminar – the only seminar around where you can get 2 hours of Federal Tax Update CE hours plus presentations from 4 Different states (MA, RI, CT, NY) ALL IN ONE DAY!! Held at the Southbridge Hotel & Conference Center. Check the chapter website for registration details.
- In June, we usually have a half day educational seminar with current hot topics and it is held at a central location in the Worcester/Marlboro area. (2019 Date TBA)
- October 22nd 2019 – Annual Federal Seminar & Chapter Annual Meeting 7-8 Hours of Federal Tax Update CE Hours plus nominations, elections, state of our chapter – this is open to ALL members and ALL are encouraged to get involved. Held at the Mansfield Holiday Inn.
I encourage all of you to register and participate in these Chapter events. It is the best way for you to meet, connect and build solid professional relationships with other local tax preparers who share similar experiences. All in a relaxed setting and at a reasonable cost.
I wish you all a healthy and prosperous new year and I also hope to see all of you at one (or all) of our 2019 seminars.